Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sadness incarnate...

I was gearing up for xLAN when I found out that my mum had prepaid for me too late and there were total 695 people who had prepaid, of whom the event can only carry 650. So naturally, I was bummed... (not literally - Ed)

Then I found out I had been put on a waiting list of the remaining 45 people. One of the event's organisers had posted the waiting list in order of the people who were listed on the bank statement... I was eighth. Eighth. Now you tell me I'm not going to get in.

Turns out she was talking with the electricians about whether the event could hold all of the people on the waiting list. Then it hit the fan...

Shortly after, she got back to us with news that out of the 45 people on the waiting list (I was 8th, remember?), the event could hold 42 extras. FORTY-TWO people out of FORTY-FIVE!!!

SHIT I FEEL LUCKY!

Gotta feel sorry for the other 3 people who didn't make it though. GG.

So now it ain't long to go before I'm shanking alongside 691 other gamers and somewhat 30+ crew members taking time off to game with us. Thanks to the organisers of xLAN for getting most of us in. :D

*sob*

*sniff*

Hug me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home