Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Dust, Dust, Dust, Dust, Dust2? nah. Dust, Dust, Dust...

Alternate Title: Enough with the Arab-themed levels!

I've been playing CounterStrike: Source for quite a while now, and DAMN is it ever sweet!

Problem is, however, there is a certain handful of maps I'd like to see stricken from the maplist.

Not the least of which is de_dust, and its inbred cousin de_dust2.

I don't mind these levels. In fact, I'm perfectly alright with playing on a desert-themed map once or twice a night...

... but DAMNIT why the HELL does every single server I join happen to be playing de_dust or de_dust2 (usually the former) whenever I join it?! Or when I join it, it turns into de_dust.

Just now I disconnected from a server in a disgruntled manner because we were playing on one of my all-time favourite maps... but noooooooo. Some douchebag wanted a map change...

So the two admins who are currently playing decide unanimously to change the map from cs_compound to... yep, you guessed it... de_dust.

Even worse, instead of a instant painless map change, it sprung up in the form of a vote between YES and NO.

Guess which prevailed...

I've had enough of de_dust and de_dust2. It's the only map I've been playing on for any decent amount of time just waiting for the next map to come up. Why oh WHY does there have to be an Extend By 20 Minutes option in the last round of a sizeable number of the de_dust matches I've been so torturably embroiling myself in?! Whenever de_dust is about to change, I'm cringing with excitement (yes, it's been that long since I've properly engaged in another map for more than five seconds)! But then suddenly, the Extend By 20 Minutes vote springs its ugly head and I end up suffering for another 20 fucking minutes.

I've had enough of the desert maps, people!

That's all I'm trying to say!

It's been months since I've played cs_militia too.

*sigh*

The last thing I want is more reminders of America's hypnotized troops invading Middle Eastern countries...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home