Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Instruments of Death

Hoohah! I am now a proud new member of a guild, snappily entitled the "Instruments of Death". And what perfect timing as well, because I've only just managed to scrape the beginning of my fire power. Soon I will regain my ability to launch a massive ball of flame that deals abso-f***ing-lutely HUGE damage. Just gotta channel for 6 seconds, and then "it's clobberin' time!" as said by one of my new guild-mates during our trip to the Orgrimmar guild master's area. He's a Warrior.

I mention this because soon after joining the Instruments of Death, I found that I would have to spend my hard-earned cash on buying a guild tabard. Too bad I'm wearing a DALARAN WIZARD'S ROBE!!! Other comrades who have been in this war as long as I have will know what I'm talking about: the aesthetic value will be ruined. Anyway, I simply refused to spend my own money on a tabard, and instead asked our guild master, oddly named "Katoom", to give me the gold I needed. See, heaps of us lower members who "can't afford it" had to meet Katoom in Orgrimmar, where he would hook us up with the gold. After waiting a while, I became impatient, got the gold from Katoom (as I already said), and bought the tabard. As I suspected, I looked terrible, but at least I got that tabard business off my back... I hope.



In other news, I thought it would be fun to try and disrupt the powers-that-be who run the regional centaur congregations. First I scoped out the Stagnant Oasis and the Forgotten Pools, both places I had already been to at least once before. Then, after I mercilessly slaughtered the centaur leaders there, I then moved onto the lushwater Oasis, which just happens to be where the Wailing Caverns are situated. The centaurs there were considerably stronger, and there is also a powerful hydra or some other kind of water creature hiding in the lake in front of the Caverns' entrance.

I killed and killed until the Centaur leader, Hezrul Bloodmark, came rushing along to investigate with his kindly bodyguards. Then all hell broke loose.

Needless to say, I snagged Bloodmark's head, and all was well. It was only a simple matter of using my favoured Polymorph and Frost Nova spells to good effect. His bodyguards proved difficult to Polymorph in the end, but I escaped with my "life" intact.



Then the Kolkar centaurs came all the way from the Thousand Needles to avenge their leaders here in the Barrens. And I'm talking about a HUGE army. It was like they were appearing out of nowhere! I kill one, and three more appear to take its place.



I received some help from kind Horde members who had come to stop this invasion by the Centaurs as well. Together, with the aid of the local Horde outpost soldiers, we crushed the Centaur invasion and our friendly Tauren brute was kind enough to behead the Centaur general for me when my attack backfired. So much for the glory for the kill.

Anyway, I got a shiny new ring. It seems to be imbued with magical energies. Whenever I put it on, I feel faster and slightly stronger. Too bad I'm a MAGE, not some warrior or assassin. They would benefit more from this ring, but for some reason, it is "binded" to me. I tried to throw it into the oasis, but it just came flying back to hit me in the eye socket. Oh well, at least it's stylish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home