Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Player wants to duel you

If there's one thing that really bothers me in WoW, it's the way players invite you into groups, duels, or guilds without talking to you first.

Scenario #1
I've rushed straight out the Crossroads to the Forgotten Pools, having just activated a speed buff when...
Player wants to duel with you.
Hellbender>> Can I ask you something?
Hellbender>> DO I LOOK LIKE I WANT TO DUEL?!
Player>> ... just click yes
Hellbender declines.
Hellbender>> I've rushed out the gates with a speed potion and you think it's a good idea to ask me for a duel?!
Player>> fuk yuo!!!
Player is now being ignored.

Scenario #2
I'm doing something - anything - when...
Player is inviting you to join Guild of Fags.
Hellbender>> HEY!
Hellbender>> You think just because I'm guildless, that I wanna join a guild?
Player>> Look, do you want to be a part of our guild or not?
Hellbender>> You know, I'd be more inclined to accept if you had just addressed me first instead of just INVITING me straight away.
Player>> you cunt prick go suck a fat cock
Hellbender>> Childish wench.
Player is now being ignored.

Scenario #3
Once again, I'm doing anything anywhere anytime when...
Player invites you to join a group.
Hellbender>> Excuse me, why are you inviting me and what is the group for?
*Player doesn't answer AT ALL*
*I decline the invitation.*

Scenario #4 (this one I hate the most)
Again, I'm just cruising around doing nothing in particular or questing like a mad man.
[1. General][Player] LFG RFC/WC PST
Player invites you to join a group.
Hellbender>> Why the invite?
Player>> RFC
Hellbender>> ... are you retarded?! Wait until you get a reply in General or a PST before you invite someone dumbarse. And I'm lvl 27, you prick. Do you think I wanna do RFC?!
Player>> FUCK YOU HORSESHIT CUNT FUCKER
Hellbender>> At least I "fuck" cunts, you pretentious faggot.
Player is now being ignored.

Scenario #5 (this one I don't really mind, though it is slightly unnerving)
I'm either questing or running in the direction of the nearest "town" when... a fellow player attempts to trade with you. No problem - as I'm running away from him (though not on purpose), the trade window merely flashes on my screen. I assume he's trying to whisper or inspect me instead. Meh. I keep running.
Then he runs after me.
He chases a fair distance before I stop and turn to face him.
Trade window pops up.
He offers quite a few stacks of minor health potions for free.
Now, occasionally, at this point I may pop him a small tip but usually I just accept, give him a quick "soz I had no idea you wanted to give me something lol" and resume my own business in a polite manner.
However, I would have appreciated it if he whispered me first with news of his gift. It's not that big a deal though, yet I can't help but feel somewhat nervous when I'm being chased by ANY player, whether it be an enemy paladin, a high level Alliance player on his mount trying to run me down, or a fellow Hordey trying innocently to "trade" me some free stuff.
Especially when they chase you across an entire zone or two.
Zones as big as the Barrens.

In summary, TALK TO THE PERSON BEFORE YOU SHOVE AN INVITE IN THEIR FACE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home